Taste Woodfired Delight Today!
Barn Bread - Quality Food For You!
Many people wonder what makes good bread go bad. There’s an art to storing bread, and you may need to experiment a little to get it just right. To get started, read our tips and tricks for storing bread.
1. Keep bread at room temperature, around 20ºC / 68ºF. Keep it away from direct sunlight in a cool and dry place.
2. Don't put bread in the refrigerator. Scientific studies have shown that this draws out the moisture and the bread becomes stale faster.
3. Put different breads in different containers. There are many schools of thought when it comes to the packaging to store the bread in.
4. Freeze excess bread. If you have more bread than you can consume before it goes stale, it can be frozen.
5. Thaw frozen bread. If you have frozen your bread, allow it to thaw at room temperature. Remove the freezer wrapping and let it stand. Crisp in the oven or toaster for a few minutes (no more than 5 minutes) to restore crustiness.
Taste us out!
“Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.” Yiddish Proverb